Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Early Bird Catches the Worm - The Next Challenge?

[Blog day 86]  Legs; don't fail me now!  Only four more days of the Blog-challenge left! 

So.. for the next 90 day challenge I am thinking of 'Waking up at 5am for 90 days'.  I tried this week and got 5am four days in a row; then 9:30am. 

I find that IF I get up at 5am (provided I have had adequate quantity and quality of sleep) I often have the most productive days.  It also allows me to get a morning Sitting meditation session in before my anybody is up.

As I wrote about in a previous post; having a challenge (or two) on the go makes life more interesting, and if they are habit changing or habit breaking challenges, all the better.  I have a lot I want to get done in the next 5 years, and I feel strongly that I will need to rise early and manage time more effectively to facilitate these 'hidden' plans.

The moon is extra bright tonight, and almost full.  Perhaps I will start the 5am challenge on a Full Moon's eve..


"For practitioners, the mind set on the Path is primary, health is secondary, knowledge comes last". Chan Master Sheng Yen, Dharma Drum: The Lift and Heart of Chan Practice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.