Sunday, July 21, 2013

Books on The Shelf

[87] Almost there, almost there.  I am sitting at home tonight, getting writer's block at post 87(!), and being cold and sleepy.  This challenge has been quite cool and worthwhile, and I think will have a ripple on effect into other areas of my life.

Come Wednesday I am going shopping for a new belt!  Not just any belt; this one will be a reminder and reward for starting and completing the 90 day blog challenge. 

The one mentioned yesterday (the 5am challenge) feels more and more like a good idea.  I think I will add some extra bonus challenges to this one.. not too many, but enough to make it more difficult that the blog challenge.

I am currently sitting upstairs, in the library - looking at all my books.  I have read a fair amount of the ones I own (~200 non fiction); but not all of them.  I'm contemplating a 'finish reading all un-read books in your library' challenge..might take more than 90 days!

I want to condense the best bits out of the good to very good books (which is why I read with a pencil), then eventually transcribe/condense this into a word document of quote from these books - and just keep the absolute classics; thus having a greatly reduced library and a fucking interesting and useful document of the 'highlights' of the other books, that can be bound and read on the toilet. 

I recently picked one out of the shelf (that has been sitting there for about 3 years un-read) on impulse, and have had some quite interesting revelations from reading it.  What else is sitting right under my nose..  though, I must say, I am having some interesting revelations about reading and knowledge that are making me want to stop, or limit a fair bit, reading for a while.  Hmmm.

Anyhow, I am off to bed.  I have a couple of partially or almost complete blogs that I have held off publishing, as I want to make them of decent quality.  Post 90 day challenge I will be posting less often, perhaps, but longer and more detailed posts.

Good night.  Good luck with lucid dreaming practice in the twilight hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.