Thursday, June 6, 2013

Return

This afternoon I returned to my home town of Canberra via bus; having moved to Sydney in September last year.  Until now I had only been back once, for a brief two days, in December.  Driving through the city and Inner North this evening was fucking surreal - it seriously did my head in a bit.  Whilst a lot of changes have happened, it literally felt like only a day (or an hour!?) had passed since I was last here(!). 

The time-distortion of this was very tangible; I mean, I have to seriously consider Canberra to be some type of weird time-vortex..(not the first to think this, I'm sure). 

Apart from that; if one year of my life can go by in a blink like that, it drives home that you really have to find what you love in life and do it (your way).  Three blinks and two decades pass, if you're not careful the essential things in your life will be put off until their potentiality evaporates. Are you on the Path?

"Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving — it doesn't matter,
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow a hundred times,
Come, come again, come.
" - Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.