Friday, May 3, 2013

Mini-Club Mobility Refresh


So I brought home a small 5lb club to play with..(also of note in the photo are the awesome Minimus shoes I picked up from the States for $50).

There is some specific rotator cuff, forearm/wrist/elbow and throwing pattern drills I want to use it for, but mostly I just want it laying about - so that I can get a lot of volume of weighted joint mobility and movement training in throughout the day.

Today is the first day of the test/play.  I've been doing mobility work in small, exploratory sessions of 1-3 exercises for about 5 minutes maximum, throughout the day.  It feels like it's going to work well as a 'refresh' between other activities, or as a 'bridge' when I get irritated by something and need a change.   

Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out.  I'm already getting that itch of wanting to pick it up off the couch whenever I see it..  going to start off with about 5 x 5 minute sessions, and see how that feels.  I'm already getting that processing large amount of novel//new movement patterns feel you get at workshops, and the like.

Check out Kit's 'Scatological' post for today, if you haven't already!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.