Sunday, March 31, 2013

Short Easter Workout

Nice short workout today (to make use of all that food I ate at the family lunch).

A1) Weighted Chins w 20kg KB: 5 sets x 5 reps 
A2) Weighted Eccentric-only Single Leg Squats (SLS) w 20kg KB: 5 sets x 3 reps (each leg) 


I am really loving these two exercises at the moment.. basic moves refined to a high art equals solid gains.  I've read many a great program over the years that consisted of two or three lifts as the main bulk of the workout.  I'm thinking of adding swings in next time for a triad.   No agility in between sets today.

The temptation to round the back on the weight chin-ups got a lot higher the further I got along in the sets - but I managed to keep my chin-ups to 'sternum-ups' for all five sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.