Thursday, March 6, 2014

Product Review: Crumpler 'John Thursday 50' Pouches




Product Review: Crumpler 'John Thursday 50' Pouches

Crumpler make awesome stuff. Period.  I purchased these little pouches from the Crumpler Seconds store in Newtown, Sydney for $10 each.  They are exceptionally well made, as with all the Crumpler stuff I have, and very practical.  Crumpler has become the 'un-official' Stretch Therapy bag brand!






The pouch comes with a belt loop (velcro), which I don't use - instead, I have attached a hardware store large keyring and a Singing Rock brand carabiner (~$8 from memory..there are cheaper ones, but this one is well made).  This allows me to 'click-on/click-off' with the pouch and makes it easily modular with a number of different things.  










I have no idea why these are called 'John Thursday 50', but then again a camera case I have at home is entitled 'Million dollar home'. ..

I purchased two of these little beauties, and now almost regret not buying three.  They are really useful. Blue is for spare change, alchemical gold is for work.  






Having bought many cheaper things like this in the past, I have learned a lesson and won't do that again.  Having a few, high quality, functional items is much better than having multiple crummy ones (even if they were only $2.80...dammit Daiso!).  

Not sure if the Seconds store is still in Newtown, or if they have any of these left... I'll look into this and edit the post if I find out they are still available.  



 


1 comment:

  1. you can get John Thursday pouches on eBay but not for $10 each

    ReplyDelete

Constructive comments only please.