Monday, May 5, 2014

Great Steve Maxwell Clip - Reflecting on his method and life




Check out this CLIP of Steve Maxwell, featuring a lot of footage from Steve at the place I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Jiu Jitsu Kingdom)  - from Steve's most recent trip to Australia.  The clip is a snapshot of Steve and his methods as they stand at the moment, and a bit of a trip down memory lane it terms of the methods and systems that have been most influential to the formulation of his approach.

The clip is a refreshingly honest look at a man in his 60's and still loving Life (maybe even more than ever..); and contains some quotes on the simplicity needed for happiness through life.  I class Steve as one of my primary mentors in the physical cultivation methods I employ, and this clip showcases (again) a number of the reasons I like his approach so much.  Steve is truly one of the happiest humans I have met.

You might also want to check out Steve being Steve on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast recently: http://maxwellsc.com/articles.cfm?art_id=3120

I recently attended two of Steve's Mobility Conditioning Workshops - and highly recommend anyone interested in physical cultivation and movement to check them out. 

There are a number of great quotes from the clip (and a nice soundtrack), including this one: 

"I guess if there is a secret to youth; it's play" Steve Maxwell. 

The whole clip very much reminds me of another great quote:

"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities." Aldous Huxley

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive comments only please.